Saturday, March 12, 2016

Welcome to the dollhouse!

So this is going to be my dumping ground for all things doll and miniature related! My name is Mina, I'm seventeen and a student living on an island off the coast of Maine. I come from a long line of antiques collectors and dealers, so no one was that surprised when I started collecting dolls in my early teens. As I've become more serious about collecting and about making my own miniatures, I thought it might be useful to start a blog to document my collection and my experiences building/restoring dollhouses. So here it is! 

Below are a few images of my collection to date. I collect dolls from all eras and of all types, but I have a special love for German dolls, especially all-bisque Kestner mignonettes (there will definitely be a post about that in the future). I'm constantly poking around online for my next addition (usually on eBay or Ruby Lane) but since my main income right now is from seasonal, part-time waitressing, I'm always looking for deals and DIYs (and thrift-store finds!). I catalog a lot of this experience (and other stuff too), on my Instagram @thehortlak, where I also follow tons of doll people (shoot me a message, I'd love to follow you too!).
Top row, from left: Two of my Kestner 150s c. 1885-1910), a Horsman composition baby doll c. 1930s, unmarked all-bisque mignonette c. 1900s(?)
Bottom row, from left: Basaak reproduction "Blythe" doll, Hertwig all-bisque painted googly doll c. 1910s(?), Ideal Tammy doll c. 1960s

No comments:

Post a Comment